Wednesday, September 26, 2018

No, we're not playing sleeping lions!


We are practicing mindfulness! 

We try to do this at least three times a week, as a way to find quiet, reflect and refocus. As a class we get comfortable and listen to a program from Mrs Cutler's 'Smiling Mind' app.  Kakapo realised that in our busy lives it is hard to find quiet- we are often busy, rushing, learning, playing, talking, going to after school activities etc and the only times we are quiet is when we are in bed about to go sleep.  We decided this is not good enough!
Mindfulness helps us to take a moment to relax and think.  We use this time to think about what we are grateful for.  Mindfulness is a nice way to lead into prayer before we go out to lunch or go home. 
 


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kakapo learners,
    My name is Tania and I am the Manaiakalani Outreach Facilitator who sets up Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu, our blogging programme. It's great to have your class on board this term. I live in Whangarei, which isn't too far from where you live in Kaitaia. Have any of you ever been to Whangarei? You could check it out on Google Maps and see how far away it is. I am looking forward to checking out your class blog this term and leaving comments for you. I might try hard to check out some of your individual blogs too. I hope you enjoy having another class to blog with from Gisborne (that is much further away than me!). Have fun learning, creating and sharing!
    Ngā mihi
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be such fun being your Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu buddy. Can I ask what sleeping lions is?
    I love this idea of mindfulness.

    ReplyDelete