Saturday, March 14, 2020

Mahi Tahi 2020

For those of you who are new to our blog, Mahi Tahi is where the three senior classes come together and work on a range of tasks. We chose the name Mahi Tahi because it means 'working as one'.  We used to meet twice a week, but this year we have two new teachers in the senior syndicate.  So while Mrs Cutler is the "Original", this year she is making sure we ease into the learning for everyone who is new to Mahi Tahi ... the teachers, new students and the year 5s.

Search our blog with 'mahi tahi' to see some of the awesome activities and learning we did in 2019.

During Mahi Tahi we learn about the four C's.  Collaboration, Communication, Critical Thinking and Creativity. The activities range from STEM to baking to art to school beautification to maths challenges.  Children are grouped randomly - we do aim to have one person from each year level in a group.

The aim is to instill 21st century skills in a way that every person gets to shine, take leadership, share ideas, follow leadership and practice the 4C's.  Now that you know what Mahi Tahi is - keep an eye out for some 2020 Mahi Tahi posts!

2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Avania and I am from Glenbrae school. I love your work it is amazing, I love how you told us about your blog it is amazing work. I see you have done a lot Keep the good work up.
    By Avania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Aj and I go to Glenbrae School.
    Great work on Mahi Tahi it sound very fun and cool I wish I could try it some time keep up the great work

    Aj

    ReplyDelete